Modern Bioclimatic Architecture seeks for natural and neutral products to improve building functions and reduce their environmental footprint. Expanded Perlite as a natural mineral meets the highest of Engineering’s standards and delivers exceptional thermal and accoustic insulation on floors, roofs and walls. It is a non–combustable, neutral, odourless and lifetime natural mineral.
The above characteristics, along with the fact that the energy consumed in the process is low, make perlite an ECO-CLEAN product.
- Colour: White.
- Specific Gravity:0.22
- pH (of water slurry, 20ºC): 6.5 - 7.5.
- Moisture: 0.3%.
- Grain sizes: 0–1 mm / 0-3mm / 2–6 mm.
- Softening point: 850 – 1,100 ºC.
- Melting Range: 1,260 – 1,343 ºC.
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.043 – 0.063 W / m 0K.
- Flash Point: Non - flammable (class A1 - DIN 4102).
- Explosion limits: None.
- Loose Bulk Density: 55 - 120 kg/m3.